Monday
Independence
It happened. It really happened. I didn't think it would happen for a while but surprise, it did. It all started about a week ago. Xavier has this toy lion that is meant to be a walker, but he didn't use it for its intentional use. He would just flip it over and play with the wheels. We showed him several times how to use it but he just wasn't interested. So I was thinking, "why won't he use the toy properly," and it occured to me that he thinks its boring. So, I asked Sebastien to run around the living room as fast as he possibly can with the lion. Well, that got Xavier's attention. Xavier wanted to go fast too. He got up and started running with the lion. I was proud to see my son finally enjoyed cruising. His legs were real stiff at first, but he was moving. Well it turned out it was the right encouragement because on July 3rd Xavier started walking. He can walk about 8 feet before falling. Oh my goodness, I felt so proud when my little boy walked into my arms. When you hold something that he really wants, he tries running. He has pretty good momentum for someone that just learned to walk. Every day there is an obvious improvement in his walking. Here are some fourth of July pictures of X and some of our friends. I will post the video of X walking soon.


