Blog Description

Saturday

St. Patty's and Seb's birthday

Sleepy Xavier did not want to take a nap.

I waited until he was nearly asleep and took him to bed.

We had nice weather on St. Patty's day, so we played in the park with a couple of other kids.

The bus is Xavier's favorite playground equipment. He likes anything that has to do with wheels.


He likes puting wood chips into the play house. Later that day, we went to a party and he got to play with more kids. Sorry I didn't take pictures of the party.

Seb's birthday is the day after St. Patty's. He prefers low key birthdays, so we did something at home this year. Inspired by the Irish, I made corned beef brisket for dinner. It was the first time either of us had it. We both enjoyed it but agreed that it is a special occassion meal since it is not the healthiest meat. I also baked him a cake with cookies and creme filling, butter creme frosting and chocolate melted and drizzled on top. When you have a baby or toddler, watching a whole movie without interuptions is a rarity. We watched a movie about some Irish bank robbers called the Town. It was an exciting movie. X was out cold.



Xavier couldn't resist helping his father blow out the candles. We ended up lighting the candles twice and blowing them out since X was so excited. Afterwards X kept saying "happy, happy" and pointing to the cake because he wanted to sing his father Happy Birthday again and help blow out more candles. He will just have to wait until his second birthday in May.


The cake was delish.Sebastien and I had seconds. X was even tempted into tasting it, although he usually has no interest in cakes. He tried to lick the frosting before the candles were lit.

Yum yum yum!!! It won't be long before this cake is gone.