Blog Description

Tuesday

Adrian James



Here are the pictures I promised a while back. They are about two and a half weeks old. They estimated AJ to be seven pounds and seven ounces back then. So he might be over eight and a half pounds now if they were right. My uterus is measuring five weeks ahead. It's 43 centimeters. I guess thats like being pregnant with a three week old. Sounds a little crazy. I don't have diabetes. I was tested several times because AJ has grown so big the last few weeks. AJ is just naturally big. My due date is still a few weeks away although he is considered full term now. I don't think I'm going into labor any time soon. AJ seems pretty happy staying put.
 Although it sounds selfish, I have grown weary of being pregnant. I am severly anemic (which is different from just being anemic), and my liver  is not behaving.  The doctor says it will be a few months before I regain my stamina and feel well again. 
Let this be a lesson to everyone; take your vitamins and eat healthy. Nutrition is really important and people have misconceptions of what eating healthy really means; at least I did. I learned that red meat should never be eliminated from your diet the hard way. You only absorb 3% of the iron in non-animal products; while you absorb 60% from animal sources. It also turns out that spinach contains a chemical that inhibits iron absorbtion. I started my pregnancy low in iron and it grew out of control. Thankfully, AJ still seems to be doing well.
X is doing well. Talking up a storm. He just got a big boy haircut. He is 38.5 inches and is wearing 3T and 4T clothing. He is always asking what different words mean. He is very bright and sometimes says some really mature things that shock people because you don't expect a two year old to be thinking about these things. I have to remind myself of how old he is everyday. He definitely runs around like a two year old boy. He is still into cars; race cars in particular. He really needs a brother to play with and who might share some of his interests. X has been whispering, "come out come out where ever you are," to AJ.